A hack of a mobile home park wifi network has left two people stranded after a man used the network to hack into their phones.
The incidents are the latest in a series of mobile homes to have been hacked, with the latest reported on Friday.
“We have a very busy year and so far there’s been a lot of incidents where people are left stranded and not able to get back to their homes,” Mr Moulden told The Australian.
“One of the things that’s happened with the mobile home parks, and there are probably other mobile homes that have had this kind of incident as well, is there’s a lot more work to be done to try and make sure they’re not going to have that problem in the future.”
The incidents occurred at the Parkville property, which has two mobile homes, on the northern outskirts of Brisbane.
The network was set up by the owner and the network’s operators.
Mr Mouldan said the owners had been very helpful.
“They’ve been very good to me and to my staff, and they’ve been really nice to me,” he said.
“There’s been one incident where they actually have given us a device to work on, which we’ve done.”
“And that’s actually a very good example of that they’ve actually done that and actually fixed it.”
The other one where they have been very supportive and helpful and they have a lot to look after, they’ve made sure they’ve got security systems in place, they have put in all the security measures and they’re doing a lot in the way of customer service.
“In an email to The Australian, the mobile network operators said the network was currently offline, but said they were working to restore the network.